- following these tutorials in order to:
- learn about the subject matter for the autoPACK Visualization Challenge(s)
- gain basic interaction experience with the Challenge model(s) and Recipe(s)
- learn how to update your scene to use the most current models to keep up with the biology
- get an overview of the complex but powerful autoPACK tools and GUI options
- experimenting with the HIV model(s) and the GUI on your own in "Simple" mode just to have fun
- completing the general tutorials for autoPACK to get more comfortable with the interface
- working through the more advanced tutorials to expand your capabilities
- advanced tutorials and with solutions to "How do I...?" questions will continuously be updated throughout the contest
- ask us and other forum members to solve your "How do I...? questions about the contest, autoPACK, and general molecular/cell biology animations
- return to the tutorial pages to learn more advanced and more diverse techniques about autoPACK's general (non-biological) capabilities as needed
- gradually learn all of the functions of the GUI and how to use them
This tutorial collection will expand and enhance rapidly every day for several days starting January 10th.
Please check back regularly for expanded basic tutorials, more advanced tutorials, and several clear videos explaining the HIV model and some relevant points about the biology.
Tutorial links 3 and 4 below are placeholders to older tutorials (still relevant and worth watching although a few button names may have changed, etc.) that will be updated later this week.
5. Customize your HIV model
(We have a new ingredient customization option in the Intermediate through Debug mode Viewers that can be used to easily replace the default HIV molecular ingredients with an object you declare- videos and tutorial for this will come later this week.)